Sunday 17 July 2011

Westside

Living life like it's golden over in westside with Charlie, the golden retriever.
This is Charlie:
SO once again, intrepid journeyer that I am, I set out into the highways and byways to drop my housesitting family at the airport. Actually, I was very clearly navigated there and got only vaguely lost under my own steam on the way back.

West Footscray. Emerging suburb. That apparently translates to multi-cultural, up and coming artsy, just-out-of-the-city-and-previously-not-realestateable-but-now-appealing-to young-families-who-want-to-buy-their-first-home-in-the-unbelievably-ridiculous-property-market.

Kate had given me a fantastic tour of the hood yesterday which I tried to recreate today...pool, the mall (Highpoint, which the locals call Knifepoint), Charlie walking, Yarraville for a glass of a wine in a cosy bar with the rain falling outside and a very fascinating looking bookshop across the road.

Here is Charlie living it up at the dogpark.



No comments:

Post a Comment