Saturday 30 July 2011

Mouthfeel

This morning I set off on the train and the tram to North Fitzroy, The Green Grocer and a cooking class.
The class was called Flour Power and was held in the upstairs section of the shop in the commercial kitchen. I loved the kitchen with an ardour far exceeding moderation. I want one for myself. But for now, I enjoyed it from 11-2. I joined seven other women and chef, Tony Chiodo, to learn interesting ways with different flours: spelt, buckwheat, brown rice, mexican maize flour, cornmeal. We were each in charge of a different recipe. I made the polenta, pistachio and cranberry biscotti which meant I was finished fairly quickly and moved on to sauce duty: an amazing 3 mushroom ragout to go with the spelt pasta, and a beetroot and cream sauce to go with the buckwheat spaetzle. We also had tortilla and refried beans and dosa with potato curry. 





 Tony said we need to eat with mouthfeel. Love it. I'm going to use that term on a daily basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment