Wednesday 27 July 2011

Urban Adventure

Monday
I caught the train from Yarraville to the city just as it was getting dark. It was raining. The approach to the city made me smile. It felt exciting and as though I really was on an adventure into the big city. There are some very tall and impressive looking buildings in central Melbourne. The reflection of the city lights on the river was beautiful in the rain.



I hurried along the wet footpaths with all the rest of the people grimly dodging raindrops, escaping work, heading out. It felt conspiratorial. We were all in it together.

Greater Union Cinema and the Melbourne Film Festival. Natural Selection.

http://tickets2.miff.com.au/videoPlayer.asp?sID=902

The theatre was packed. I didn't want the film to end. The rain had stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment