Monday 4 March 2013

music week

In a completely un-premeditated and in-my-own-private-universe sort of way, the first week of March has become music week for me. Tonight...and I was going to be all coy about this because I know there are music snobs amongst you and then I thought, no, these guys are clever and I am just going to embrace my eclectic music taste...I went to Paul Kelly and Neil Finn at The Palais.

To be honest, I didn't really know a lot about Paul Kelly before I saw his documentary, Stories of Me, last year. The stories were fascinating and, caught up in the wave of documentary intensity, I bought a ticket to tonight's concert.

Crowded House, for all the muddied Australian versus New Zealand ownership, are completely land of the long white cloud for me. Summer music. For some reason. Neil Finn was perhaps trying too hard to do some Flight of the Conchords repartee in between songs, but it was kind of endearing and there were a lot of old favourites on the playlist. I liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment