Friday 29 March 2013

fromage

Cheese in a warehouse. It's the stuff dreams are made of. Well, I'll admit, it'd be a strange kind of dream that featured an old warehouse in Collingwood and a vast array of cheese, but nonetheless,  for a cheese-lover, it was, indeed, a dream come true.

I have now been to several eatwithme events in Melbourne. In fact, I have just nervously posted my own event and I am waiting to judge myself and my popularity and in fact, my sense of self and my place in the world on whether people want to come along, but I digress... There have been many occasions where the lovely people from eatwithme have created events to bring others together over food. I have to say, cheese is the winner at the end of the day. Tell people to bring cheese and wine and they come in their droves.

Sunday afternoon in a very quiet street in Collingwood, cheesiness abounded. There were a lot of French cheeses, some Italian, a fair representation of Australian cheeses, to my shame, no New Zealand samples and a particularly delicious Welsh blue. Creamy, hard, tangy, pungent. Audible gasps of cheese-eating pleasure.


Délicieux!




No comments:

Post a Comment