Saturday 2 August 2014

Sunshine







Today I went to Sunshine.

Having expressed a desire to know more about Vietnamese food and cooking, I was lucky enough to be invited to be part of a Vietnamese family's preparation for a birthday lunch.

Tom Yum soup paste made from scratch, barbecued seafood, sweet potato glass noodles, and a lot of leafy greens and chewy mushrooms.

The extended family stretches to at least 20 people and I was told that with that many people, there is always a birthday. This is a good thing. Having spent the morning watching and inhaling and tasting and chatting and learning, I had to leave before lunch was actually served. This lovely family, horrified that I would miss out, have invited me to go back in two weeks for another birthday lunch and this time, I must stay for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment