Saturday 29 June 2013

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

According to wikipedia, and therefore, to be believed and quoted, 42 (forty-two) is the natural number immediately following 41 and directly preceding 43. Let's just sit with that for a while and allow the profundity of it to settle.

Um.

So.

I think that's enough time. 42 also has the incredible property of being divisible by 6 and 7, which is great for me, given that these particular numbers allow me to demonstrate the broadness of my New Zealand accent in a very effective way.

42 was dragged into popular culture by Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as the number calculated by an enormous supercomputer as the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. When pressed on how he came up with 42 as this weighty number, Adams is reported as saying casually that he just came up with the number at random as he was going to work one day.

Random or not, I'm hoping for a lot from 42.


Lenka, The Show (my soundtrack for now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolyDqQ3Al0

No comments:

Post a Comment